Today’s puzzle: how to get Ubuntu (specifically GNOME Panels as it turns out) to use my new dual-monitor setup and show only the tasks from one monitor on that monitor’s panel. Sure, people had mentioned that it was possible (everywhere) but noone actually seemed to take the time to mention how. That’s when I found this: http://www.lloydleung.com/2006/10/14/gnome-multiple-monitor-taskbar-window-listing/ so cheers go to Lloyd there. Still works (and should be fine on any version from at least now on):
- Right click on anywhere on the launchbar, click “New Panel”
- Drag that to any monitor.
- Right click on that panel, and click “Add to Panel”
- Select “Window List” under Desktop and Windows
- Click Add.
- Click Close, and you’re done.